Scope of Work – Consultant
Job Title: Website Front-end Programmer – Consultant
Type of role: 3 months contract July – October 2020
Application deadline: July 6, 2020 – 13.00 WITA
Addressing ocean plastic pollution is important for Bali. Partnering with local government, NGOs and communities, the Bali Partnership is supporting the Bali governor’s aim to lead Indonesia’s efforts to reduce ocean plastics by 70% by 2025. In the first phase, the Bali Partnership conducted an extensive baseline study to determine how much, where, and why plastic is entering waterways across Bali and pinpoints sub-districts in highest need of intervention. While in the second phase of its implementation, the Bali Partnership aims to strengthen Bali government’s leadership to build sustainable waste collection systems by providing information platform to share date from Bali Partnership phase 1 waste flow mapping and best practices.
Description of role:
The website Programmer will work directly under Bali Partnership information system team. His/her main responsibility is to create the website structure, design and visuals with dynamic content that will incorporate the baseline study data and interactive maps from the Bali Partnership Phase 1. He/she will be responsible for implementing visual and user interface elements within the website and link it to back-end resource (database, interactive maps and other medias…). The consultant will be working closely with the back-end developer for data integration and server-side. The role will require attention to detail, knowledge, and experience in website development.
- Support the Bali Partnership Phase 2 Information System team in planning, designing, and developing the Information Platform to share the data of waste flow mapping across Bali, including initiatives, events, data analysis and comparison.
- Maintain and improve the website during the development and trial phase.
- Work in multidisciplinary team with other professionals.
- Build high-quality mockups and design prototypes to be presented to the team and potential users.
- Provide necessary graphics and visual elements for the website, including the speed based on the feedback from users.
- Adjust the website for mobile friendly display.
- Make suggestions for better solutions to problems during the development.
- Attend user training and incorporate the suggestions to the platform.
- MongoDB or equivalent relational database management.
- Data driven visualization tools and techniques (D3.js or equivalent)
- Additional interactive functionalities such as dynamic calendars and forms for public.
- Knowledge of browser troubleshooting and debugging techniques and practices, including SEO principles, including knowledge of graphics software.
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills.
- Good time-management skills.
- Demonstrate teamwork capabilities.
- Website portfolio